If a Windows application is not running in CrossOver, one possible fix changing the Windows version of the bottle containing the application. Reinstalling the application into a new bottle with a different Windows version is the best option as the application installer may set different registry keys based on that Windows version. However, a quicker potential fix is changing the Windows version that CrossOver reports to the application in your existing bottle.
This walkthrough is the same for Mac and Linux
- Launch CrossOver and select the bottle you want to change.
- Expand the Control Panels tab and open Wine Configuration.
- Click on the Applications and change the Windows version in the dropdown menu.
- Press OK to save the change and close the control panel.
- CrossOver will now report the new Windows version to the Windows application on launch.
Next Step: Change the Bottle Directory